1. Overall Health – Researchers have found that gum disease is associated with other health problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Likewise pregnant women are at risk for delivering pre-term babies.
2. Keep your teeth for a lifetime – There have been many advances in dental medicine and denture wear, but, if at all possible, it is still desirable to keep your own original teeth. Over time people who wear dentures have difficulty eating certain types of foods and dental implants can be cost prohibitive for many. Prevention is less costly than repair.
3. To Prevent Gum Disease – Daily habits of brushing and cleaning between your teeth is important. Gum Disease is the number one cause of tooth loss in adults. Many times people are unaware they have gum disease because it is painless in the early stages. A regular visit to the dental hygienist for a dental cleaning helps to remove the hard deposits on the teeth, assess the gums and help you with any maintenance issues. Just like that preventive maintenance on your car keeps the engine healthy so does this preventive maintenance on your teeth and gums.
4. Oral Cancer Prevention – An oral cancer screening should be completed yearly, especially if you’re a tobacco user. Oral cancer caught in its early stages is more likely to be treatable. Your dental hygienist will complete an oral cancer screening during each visit.
5. To Prevent Halitosis(bad breath) – A thorough dental cleaning by a dental hygienist can help individuals with bad breath. If you are on of those that have a problem with halitosis, not having your teeth cleaned regularly will definitely make it worse.
6. Healthy smile – By visiting your dental hygienist on a regular basis you can have your teeth cleaned, and take care of any other issues that may arise before your teeth or gums are damaged. Over time everyone will have plaque and tartar build up on their teeth. Having your teeth cleaned will remove the hard and soft deposits that have built up in areas that you are unable to get to.
Your Dental Hygienist is your prevention specialist for your teeth and gums.
To book in with our Hygienists Grace and Sonya, don’t hesitate to call us on 0214875566.